The NEET PG 2021 Council includes all of India as well as the State Council. The respective NEET PG 2021 state council is organized for 85 percent of seats in government colleges and 100 percent of seats in private colleges in the state. The counseling is separate for each state, as is the admissions process.
Recommended: [Check your Admission Chances for MD/MS/Diploma in All India Quota & State Level Counselling as per Your NEET PG Score/Rank] Use – NEET PG College Predictor
To participate in the NEET PG State Council, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements specified by the respective State Council authorities. This will be published shortly by the state council authorities on their respective websites.
Council of State NEET PG 2021 – Key points
– The NEET PG counseling process for each state is separate and different.
– Each state has its own advisory authority which is responsible for conducting the advisory process.
– The eligibility criteria will also differ from state to state.
– The threshold for state quota seats will also vary from state to state as well as for the chosen specialization.
– Applicants should check the NEET counseling process and state eligibility before applying for the same.
General eligibility criteria for NEET PG counseling:
– Applicants must be qualified in NEET PG 2021.
– They must have completed or should appear in the final year of the MBBS / BDS degree from a recognized university / college in the respective state where they are applying for a PG seat.
The NEET PG 2021 threshold for state quota seats will be published after each round of seat allocation. Applicants can however consult the threshold for the previous year to estimate their chances of admission. The NEET PG 2020 threshold for top medical schools (state level) has been provided in the table below.
NEET PG 2020 Cutoff (state quota) for top medical schools
|Name of the university||State||Specialization||Last year’s cut all India ranking (general category)|
|Pt Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak||Haryana||MD Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy||428|
|Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore||Karnataka||MD Radiodiagnosis||330|
|Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata||West Bengal||MD Radiodiagnosis||2648|
|Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru Memorial Medical College, Raipur||Chhattisgarh||MD Radiodiagnosis||4810|
|Pt Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak||Haryana||MS Orthopedics||3622|
The National Examining Board (NBE) announced the result of the NEET PG 2021 on September 28. Although the scores have been released by the NBE, the NEET PG Merit List has yet to be released and is expected to be released soon.