As we kick off another season of college football, fan excitement and anticipation are at an all-time high! The focus on college sports is like never before: the passion, the tradition, the rivalries, new innovations around NIL, the emergence of legal sports betting in some states, technology driving new experiences for fans, and all which makes college game days great.
We start this weekend with today’s 18th edition college color day. The national holiday, created by our CLC company, serves as the unofficial kickoff to the college football season and encourages fans to represent their favorite teams. Join us in sharing your photos on social media using #CollegeColorsDay.
We will have staff across the country to support our university partners, brand sponsors and Fans this weekend and all year round:
- Our collegiate athletic properties on campuses across the country and our Paciolan ticketing software teams will work their magic on more than 70 home games this weekend alone.
- Our Audio LEARFIELD the team will produce over 120 game streams for fans to find on The university network and through satellite and terrestrial radio across the country.
- ARMY WEIGHT Sports will engage tens of millions of fans through their official sports websites, mobile apps, live stream and stats.
- LEARFIELD AmplifierTicket sales and fundraising efforts represent 40 partners, generating more than $130 million in ticket revenue and philanthropic dollars each year.
- LEARFIELD Amplifier installed more than 600,000 seats in more than 80 stadiums for this weekend.
- Fans of over 100 universities will enjoy the work of LEARFIELD Publishing through print and digital game programs especially for this weekend’s game.
- More than 100 colleges and universities across the country use large format LED video displays and control systems designed, installed and operated by our ANC crew.
- We have four teams participating in the Kick-off of Chick-fil-A games on national television this weekend, and we represent the merchandise licensing rights for the games themselves.
- Registration is now open for our Next Level esports Official College National Championship for Madden NFL 23 from EA Sports.
- Our Mark customers will show their commitment to college sports in advertising using school grades and intellectual property and through sponsorship activations, many of which include student-athletes using for the first time LEARFIELD Ally.
And there are many more!
This week also began the presentation of the prestigious LEARFIELD Directors Cup awards to schools identified by NACDA for excellence. This is our 15th year as title sponsor and we are proud of what athletic departments across the country and in all divisions have done to create opportunities for student-athletes to grow as people and to compete for championships. Congratulations to all who are recognized.
As we continue this year, we have a host of initiatives that will benefit schools, brands, licensees and fans! Follow us on social media at Twitter, instagram and LinkedIn and check back here regularly for important updates.
Whether you’re working on the sidelines or cheering on your team from the stands, your phone or your living room, know that LEARFIELD is dedicated to unlocking value for our school partners and improving the fan experience!